The Ultimate Guide to Informed Wearable Technology
- Paperback: 526 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 31, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803230592
- ISBN-13: 978-1803230597
The Ultimate Guide to Informed Wearable Technology: Master wearable technology with this book including colored images and over 50 activities using Arduino and ESP32, build useful, stylish, and smart wearable devices, and create interactive circuits that react to us and our environment
Wearable circuits add interaction and purpose to clothing and other wearable devices that are currently widely used in medical, social, safety, entertainment, and sports fields. To develop useful and impressive prototypes and wearables, you’ll need to be skilled in designing electronic circuits and working with wearable technologies.
This book takes you on an interesting journey through wearable technology, starting from electronic circuits, materials, and e-textile toolkits to using Arduino, which includes a variety of sensors, outputs, actuators, and microcontrollers such as Gemma M0 and ESP32. As you progress, you’ll be carefully guided through creating an advanced IoT project. You’ll learn by doing and create wearables with the help of practical examples and exercises. Later chapters will show you how to develop a hyper-body wearable and solder and sew circuits. Finally, you’ll discover how to build a culture-driven wearable to track data and provide feedback using a Design Innovation approach.
- Construct sewable electronic circuits with conductive thread and materials
- Discover the features of LilyPad, Gemma, Circuit Playground, and other boards
- Use various components for listening, moving, sensing actions, and visualizing outputs
- Control ESP32 development boards for IoT exploration
- Understand why and how to prototype to create interactive wearables
- Get skilled in sewing and soldering sensors to Arduino-based circuits
- Design and build a hyper-body wearable that senses and reacts
- Master a Design Innovation approach for creating wearables with a purpose
After reading this The Ultimate Guide to Informed Wearable Technology book, you’ll be able to design interactive prototypes and sew, solder, and program your own Arduino-based wearable devices with a purpose.