Systematic Cloud Migration
- Paperback: 253 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 22, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 148427251X
- ISBN-13: 978-1484272510
Systematic Cloud Migration: A Hands-On Guide to Architecture, Design, and Technical Implementation
This Systematic Cloud Migration book is your systematic cloud migration guide. Experiences shared by the author are drawn from real-life migration projects and contain practical advice, as well as step-by-step architecture, design, and technical implementation instructions using sample application code on GitLab. Following the guidance in this book will provide much needed support to your teams, and help you successfully complete the application cloud migration journey.
Systematic Cloud Migration consists of four major parts. Part one starts with a fundamental introduction of cloud computing to establish the context for migration, including paradigm changes in five important areas: software application, DevSecOps, operations, infrastructure, and security. And these are the areas that the book follows throughout. Next, it introduces a real-life migration process that your team can follow.
Part two presents the migration process for the application code, including architecture diagrams and presented by demo application code and supporting infrastructure in AWS cloud. Part three dives into DevSecOps and automation. In addition to concepts, a real-life migration diagram and sample pipeline code implemented with GitLab are include. Part four deals with efficient cloud operations.
- Design applications in the cloud, including determining the design criteria (e.g., solution cost is a design criterion, same as security, and is not an afterthought)
- Understand the major migration areas: software development (application code, data, integration, and configuration), software delivery (pipeline and automation), and software operations (observability)
- Migrate each application element: client and business components code, data, integration and services, logging, monitoring, alerting, as well as configurations
- Understand cloud-critical static application security testing (SAST), dynamic application security testing (DAST), containers compliance and security scanning, and open source dependency testing
- Know the directions and implementation details on cost-efficient, automated, cloud-native software operations
Each chapter has a practical structure: objectives, roles, inputs, process/activities, outputs/deliverables, best practices, and summary. There is a wealth of cloud production-grade template style artifacts that can be used as is.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Zezzo Measuring Tape Clip Tool for Corners Clamp Holder, Precision Measuring Tools Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]