R Quick Syntax Reference, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (April 25, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484244044
- ISBN-13: 978-1484244043
R Quick Syntax Reference: A Pocket Guide to the Language, APIs and Library, 2nd Edition: Updated to cover R 3.4 and 3.5 features
This handy reference book detailing the intricacies of R updates the popular first edition by adding R version 3.4 and 3.5 features. Starting with the basic structure of R, the book takes you on a journey through the terminology used in R and the syntax required to make R work. You will find looking up the correct form for an expression quick and easy. Some of the new material includes information on RStudio, S4 syntax, working with character strings, and an example using the Twitter API.
What You Will Learn
- Discover the modes and classes of R objects and how to use them
- Use both packaged and user-created functions in R
- Import/export data and create new data objects in R
- Create descriptive functions and manipulate objects in R
- Take advantage of flow control and conditional statements
- Work with packages such as base, stats, and graphics
With a copy of the R Quick Syntax Reference in hand, you will find that you are able to use the multitude of functions available in R and are even able to write your own functions to explore and analyze data.