Parallel Programming and Concurrency with C# 10 and .NET 6
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (August 30, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803243678
- ISBN-13: 978-1803243672
Parallel Programming and Concurrency with C# 10 and .NET 6: Leverage the latest parallel and concurrency features in .NET 6 when building your next application and explore the benefits and challenges of asynchrony, parallelism, and concurrency in .NET via practical examples
.NET has included managed threading capabilities since the beginning, but early techniques had inherent risks: memory leaks, thread synchronization issues, and deadlocks. This book will help you avoid those pitfalls and leverage the modern constructs available in .NET 6 and C# 10, while providing recommendations on patterns and best practices for parallelism and concurrency. Parallel, concurrent, and asynchronous programming are part of every .NET application today, and it becomes imperative for modern developers to understand how to effectively use these techniques.
This book will teach intermediate-level .NET developers how to make their applications faster and more responsive with parallel programming and concurrency in .NET and C# with practical examples. The book starts with the essentials of multi-threaded .NET development and explores how the language and framework constructs have evolved along with .NET. You will later get to grips with the different options available today in .NET 6, followed by insights into best practices, debugging, and unit testing.
- Prevent deadlocks and race conditions with managed threading
- Update Windows app UIs without causing exceptions
- Explore best practices for introducing asynchronous constructs to existing code
- Avoid pitfalls when introducing parallelism to your code
- Implement the producer-consumer pattern with Dataflow blocks
- Enforce data sorting when processing data in parallel and safely merge data from multiple sources
- Use concurrent collections that help synchronize data across threads
- Debug an everyday parallel app with the Parallel Stacks and Parallel Tasks windows
By the end of this Parallel Programming and Concurrency with C# 10 and .NET 6 book, you will have a deep understanding of why, when, and how to employ parallelism and concurrency in any .NET application.
Exclusive Offer! Order Long Handle Detachable Bath Massager Brush Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon.