OpenCV 4 for Secret Agents – Second Edition
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 30, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789345367
- ISBN-13: 978-1789345360
OpenCV 4 for Secret Agents, 2nd Edition: Turn futuristic ideas about computer vision and machine learning into demonstrations that are both functional and entertaining
OpenCV 4 is a collection of image processing functions and computer vision algorithms. It is open source, supports many programming languages and platforms, and is fast enough for many real-time applications. With this handy library, you’ll be able to build a variety of impressive gadgets.
OpenCV 4 for Secret Agents features a broad selection of projects based on computer vision, machine learning, and several application frameworks. To enable you to build apps for diverse desktop systems and Raspberry Pi, the book supports multiple Python versions, from 2.7 to 3.7. For Android app development, the book also supports Java in Android Studio, and C# in the Unity game engine. Taking inspiration from the world of James Bond, this book will add a touch of adventure and computer vision to your daily routine. You’ll be able to protect your home and car with intelligent camera systems that analyze obstacles, people, and even cats. In addition to this, you’ll also learn how to train a search engine to praise or criticize the images that it finds, and build a mobile app that speaks to you and responds to your body language.
- Detect motion and recognize gestures to control a smartphone game
- Detect car headlights and estimate their distance
- Detect and recognize human and cat faces to trigger an alarm
- Amplify motion in a real-time video to show heartbeats and breaths
- Make a physics simulation that detects shapes in a real-world drawing
- Build OpenCV 4 projects in Python 3 for desktops and Raspberry Pi
- Develop OpenCV 4 Android applications in Android Studio and Unity
By the end of this OpenCV 4 for Secret Agents, Second Edition book, you will be equipped with the knowledge you need to advance your skills as an app developer and a computer vision specialist.