- Paperback: 311 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 7, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 148426293X
- ISBN-13: 978-1484262931
Come on a tour of Modern CSS in 2020. This example-driven book demonstrates the concepts by showing code examples, screenshots, and diagrams to help clearly communicate the information.
You’ll start with the very basics of CSS: box model, colors, selectors and combinators, and specificity. Then gradually move through more intermediate topics – styling text, positioning, Z-index and stacking contexts, gradients, borders, and then to more advanced topics such as transforms, transitions, animations, flexbox, and CSS grid. Some features are only available in modern browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox), but information about IE11 compatibility is included where possible.
What You’ll Learn
- Work with the syntax of CSS selectors and calculate specificity
- Use styling techniques, fonts and text styling
- Review custom properties (variables)
- Explore the different ways an element can be transformed
- Use animating elements with CSS transitions
- Position elements using Flexbox layout
- Understand the basics of responsive design
There is a lot of discussion about how hard CSS is, and how intimidated some people are by it, but it doesn’t have to be this way. Modern CSS uses a logical and understandable approach to break down and clearly explain the ins and outs of CSS.