Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity, Seventh Edition
- Paperback: 458 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 7th edition (November 29, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1837636877
- ISBN-13: 978-1837636877
Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity, 7th Edition: Learn C# programming from scratch using Unity 2022 as a fun and accessible entry point with this updated edition of the bestselling series
It’s the ability to write custom C# scripts for behaviors and game mechanics that really takes Unity the extra mile. That’s where this Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity, 7th Edition book can help you as a new programmer!
Harrison Ferrone, in this Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity, Seventh Edition of the bestselling series, will take you through the building blocks of programming and the C# language from scratch while building a fun and playable game prototype in Unity.
This book will teach you the fundamentals of OOPs, basic concepts of C#, and Unity engine with lots of code samples, exercises and tips to go beyond the book with your work.
- Understanding programming fundamentals by breaking them down into their basic parts
- Comprehensive explanations with sample codes of object-oriented programming and how it applies to C#
- Follow simple steps and examples to create and implement C# scripts in Unity 2022
- Divide your code into pluggable building blocks using interfaces, abstract classes, and class extensions
- Grasp the basics of a game design document and then move on to blocking out your level geometry, adding lighting and a simple object animation
- Create basic game mechanics such as player controllers and shooting projectiles using C#
- Become familiar with stacks, queues, exceptions, error handling, and other core C# concepts
- Learn how to handle text, XML, and JSON data to save and load your game data
You will write C# 11 scripts for simple game mechanics, perform procedural programming, and add complexity to your games by introducing intelligent enemies and damage-dealing projectiles. You will explore the fundamentals of Unity game development, including game design, lighting basics, player movement, camera controls, collisions, and more with every passing chapter.