Learn Docker – Fundamentals of Docker 19.x – Second Edition
- Paperback: 592 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 13, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838827471
- ISBN-13: 978-1838827472
Learn Docker – Fundamentals of Docker 19.x, 2nd Edition: Explore the core functionality of containerizing your applications and making them production-ready
Containers enable you to package an application with all the components it needs, such as libraries and other dependencies, and ship it as one package. Docker containers have revolutionized the software supply chain in both small and large enterprises.
Starting with an introduction to Docker fundamentals and setting up an environment to work with it, you’ll delve into concepts such as Docker containers, Docker images, and Docker Compose. As you progress, the book will help you explore deployment, orchestration, networking, and security. Finally, you’ll get to grips with Docker functionalities on public clouds such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and learn about Docker Enterprise Edition features. Additionally, you’ll also discover the benefits of increased security with the use of containers.
- Containerize your traditional or microservice-based applications
- Develop, modify, debug, and test an application running inside a container
- Share or ship your application as an immutable container image
- Build a Docker Swarm and a Kubernetes cluster in the cloud
- Run a highly distributed application using Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Update or rollback a distributed application with zero downtime
- Secure your applications with encapsulation, networks, and secrets
- Troubleshoot a containerized, highly distributed application in the cloud
By the end of this Learn Docker – Fundamentals of Docker 19.x, Second Edition book, you’ll be able to build, ship, and run a containerized, highly distributed application on Docker Swarm or Kubernetes, running on-premises or in the cloud.