iOS Test-Driven Development by Tutorials: Learn Real-World Test-Driven Development, 2nd Edition
- Paperback: 347 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 18, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1950325423
- ISBN-13: 978-1950325429
iOS Test-Driven Development by Tutorials: Learn Real-World Test-Driven Development, 2nd Edition: Learn How to Test iOS Applications! Up to date for iOS 15, Swift 5.5 & Xcode 13
The iOS Test-Driven Development by Tutorials, 2nd Edition book that teaches you to write maintainable and sustainable apps by building them with testing in mind or adding tests to already-written apps. This book is for intermediate iOS developers who already know the basics of iOS and Swift development but want to learn how to write code which is both testable and maintainable.
To start, you’ll learn the TDD Cycle and how to implement these concepts within an iOS application. The book then takes you through Test Expressions and Expectation so that you can test synchronous code. You’ll then write tests to verify networking endpoints and the ability to mock the returned results, followed by writing tests that run against authentication endpoints. Continue trouble-shooting your apps by understanding common legacy problems, as well as breaking dependencies into modules. And, finally, refactor large classes into smaller, more manageable classes and objects.
iOS Test-Driven Development by Tutorials, 2nd Edition introduces you to a broad range of concepts with regard to not only writing an application from scratch with testing in mind, but also applying these concepts to already written applications which have little or no tests written for their functionality.
Topics Covered in iOS Test-Driven Development by Tutorials: Learn Real-World Test-Driven Development, 2nd Edition:
- The TDD Cycle: Learn the concepts of Test-Driven Development and how to implement these concepts within an iOS application.
- Test Expressions and Expectations: Learn how to test both synchronous code using expressions and asynchronous code using expectations.
- Test RESTful Networking: Write tests to verify networking endpoints and the ability to mock the returned results.
- Test Authentication: Write tests which run against authenticated endpoints.
- Legacy Problems: Explore the problems legacy applications written without any unit tests or without thought of testing the code.
- Breaking Dependencies into Modules: Learn how to take dependencies within your code and compartmentalize these into their own modules with their own tests.
- Refactoring Large Classes: Learn how to refactor large unweilding classes into smaller more manageable and testable classes / objects.
One thing you can count on: after reading this iOS Test-Driven Development by Tutorials, 2nd Edition book, you’ll be prepared to write testable applications which you can have confidence in making changes too with the knowledge your tests will catch breaking changes.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Deep Exfoliating Arabica Coffee Scrub Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]