Hands-On RESTful Web Services with ASP.NET Core 3
- Paperback: 510 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 27, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789537614
- ISBN-13: 978-1789537611
Hands-On RESTful Web Services with ASP.NET Core 3: Discover how the ASP.NET Core framework helps us to build maintainable and performant web services with its fast, modular, and cloud-ready features
Hands-On RESTful Web Services with ASP.NET Core 3: Get up to speed with the latest features of C# 8, ASP.NET Core 3 and .NET Core 3.1 LTS to create robust and maintainable web services
In recent times, web services have evolved to play a prominent role in web development. Applications are now designed to be compatible with any device and platform, and web services help us keep their logic and UI separate. Given its simplicity and effectiveness in creating web services, the RESTful approach has gained popularity, and this book will help you build RESTful web services using ASP.NET Core.
This REST book begins by introducing you to the basics of the REST philosophy, where you’ll study the different stages of designing and implementing enterprise-grade RESTful web services. You’ll also gain a thorough understanding of ASP.NET Core’s middleware approach and learn how to customize it. The book will later guide you through improving API resilience, securing your service, and applying different design patterns and techniques to achieve a scalable web service. In addition to this, you’ll learn advanced techniques for caching, monitoring, and logging, along with implementing unit and integration testing strategies. In later chapters, you will deploy your REST web services on Azure and document APIs using Swagger and external tools such as Postman.
- Gain a comprehensive working knowledge of ASP.NET Core
- Integrate third-party tools and frameworks to build maintainable and efficient services
- Implement patterns using dependency injection to reduce boilerplate code and improve flexibility
- Use ASP.NET Core’s out-of-the-box tools to test your applications
- Use Docker to run your ASP.NET Core web service in an isolated and self-contained environment
- Secure your information using HTTPS and token-based authentication
- Integrate multiple web services using resiliency patterns and messaging techniques
By the end of this Hands-On RESTful Web Services with ASP.NET Core 3 book, you will have learned how to design RESTful web services confidently using ASP.NET Core with a focus on code testability and maintainability.