Game Development with Blender and Godot
- Paperback: 330 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 30, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801816026
- ISBN-13: 978-1801816021
Game Development with Blender and Godot: Understand how to use one of the most popular 3D modeling software and advanced game engines to create a seamless workflow between the two and produce dynamic games
Game Development with Blender and Godot is a comprehensive introduction for those new to building 3D models and games, allowing you to leverage the abilities of these two technologies to create dynamic, interactive, and engaging games.
This book will start by focusing on what low-poly modeling is, before showing you how to use Blender to create, rig, and animate your models. You will also polish these assets until they’re game-ready, making it easy for you to import them into Godot and use them effectively and efficiently. Next, you will use the game engine to design scenes, work with light and shadows, and transform your 3D models into interactive, controllable assets.
- Discover what low-poly modeling is and why it matters
- Understand how to use materials, shaders, and textures in your models
- Explore how to render and animate a scene in Blender
- Focus on how to export Blender assets and import them into Godot
- Use 3D low-poly models in Godot to create fun games
- Design a dynamic and easy-to-navigate game world
- Explore how to interact with the game via interfaces
- Understand how to export your game for Windows
By the end of this Game Development with Blender and Godot book, you will have a seamless workflow between Blender and Godot which is specifically geared toward game development. Alongside, you’ll also be building a point-and-click adventure game following the instructions and guidance in the book. Finishing this game will help you take these newly acquired skills and create your own 3D games from conception to completion.