Fundamentals of Data Engineering
- Paperback: 446 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (July 26, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1098108302
- ISBN-13: 978-1098108304
Fundamentals of Data Engineering: Plan and Build Robust Data Systems
Data engineering has grown rapidly in the past decade, leaving many software engineers, data scientists, and analysts looking for a comprehensive view of this practice. With this practical book, you will learn how to plan and build systems to serve the needs of your organization and customers by evaluating the best technologies available in the framework of the data engineering lifecycle.
This Fundamentals of Data Engineering book will help you:
- Assess data engineering problems using an end-to-end data framework of best practices
- Cut through marketing hype when choosing data technologies, architecture, and processes
- Use the data engineering lifecycle to design and build a robust architecture
- Incorporate data governance and security across the data engineering lifecycle
Authors Joe Reis and Matt Housley walk you through the data engineering lifecycle and show you how to stitch together a variety of cloud technologies to serve the needs of downstream data consumers. You will understand how to apply the concepts of data generation, ingestion, orchestration, transformation, storage, governance, and deployment that are critical in any data environment regardless of the underlying technology.