- Paperback: 470 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (January 20, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801078513
- ISBN-13: 978-1801078511
Extreme DAX: Discover the true power of DAX and build advanced DAX solutions for practical business scenarios
If you want to get the most out of Microsoft Business Intelligence tools, sooner or later you’ll need to master DAX. Extreme DAX enables business analysts to generate powerful and sophisticated analyses from their data.
You’ll learn the principles of business intelligence, good model design, and how DAX fits into it all. Then, you’ll launch into detailed examples of DAX in real-world business scenarios such as inventory calculations, forecasting, intercompany business, and data security. At each step, senior DAX experts will walk you through the subtleties involved in working with Power BI models and common mistakes to look out for as you build advanced data aggregations.
- Understand data modeling concepts and structures before you start working with DAX
- Grasp how relationships in Power BI models are different from those in RDBMSes
- Secure aggregation levels, attributes, and hierarchies using PATH functions and row-level security
- Get to grips with the crucial concept of context
- Apply advanced context and filtering functions including TREATAS, GENERATE, and SUMMARIZE
- Explore dynamically changing visualizations with helper tables and dynamic labels and axes
- Work with week-based calendars and understand standard time-intelligence
- Evaluate investments intelligently with the XNPV and XIRR financial DAX functions
You’ll deepen your understanding of DAX functions, filters, and measures, and how and when they can be used to derive effective insights. Also provided with the Extreme DAX book are PBIX files for each chapter for you to follow along with and explore in your own time.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Pit Brightening Collagen Mousse Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]