Docker High Performance – Second Edition
- Paperback: 174 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 30, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789807212
- ISBN-13: 978-1789807219
Docker High Performance, 2nd Edition: Leverage Docker to unlock efficient and rapid container deployments to improve your development workflow
Docker is an enterprise-grade container platform that allows you to build and deploy your apps. Its portable format lets you run your code right from your desktop workstations to popular cloud computing providers. This comprehensive guide will improve your Docker workﬂows and ensure your application’s production environment runs smoothly.
This book starts with a refresher on setting up and running Docker and details the basic setup for creating a Docker Swarm cluster. You will then learn how to automate this cluster by using Chef Server and Cookbook. After that, you will run the Docker monitoring system with Prometheus and Grafana, and deploy the ELK stack. You will also learn some tips for optimizing Docker images. After deploying containers with the help of Jenkins, you will then move on to a tutorial on using Apache JMeter to analyze your application’s performance. You will learn how to use Docker Swarm and NGINX to load-balance your application and how common debugging tools in Linux can be used to troubleshoot Docker containers.
- Automate provisioning and setting up nodes in a Docker Swarm cluster
- Configure a monitoring system with Prometheus and Grafana
- Use Apache JMeter to create workloads for benchmarking the performance of Docker containers
- Understand how to load-balance an application with Docker Swarm and Nginx
- Deploy strace, tcdump, blktrace, and other Linux debugging tools to troubleshoot containers
- Integrate Docker optimizations for DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, CI, and CD
By the end of this Docker High Performance, Second Edition book, you will be able to integrate all the optimizations that you have learned and put everything into practice in your applications.