Cybersecurity: Attack and Defense Strategies, Third Edition
- Paperback: 570 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (September 30, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803248777
- ISBN-13: 978-1803248776
Cybersecurity: Attack and Defense Strategies, 3rd Edition: Updated edition of the bestselling guide for planning attack and defense strategies based on the current threat landscape
Cybersecurity: Attack and Defense Strategies, Third Edition will bring you up to speed with the key aspects of threat assessment and security hygiene, the current threat landscape and its challenges, and how to maintain a strong security posture.
In this carefully revised new edition, you will learn about the Zero Trust approach and the initial Incident Response process. You will gradually become familiar with Red Team tactics, where you will learn basic syntax for commonly used tools to perform the necessary operations. You will also learn how to apply newer Red Team techniques with powerful tools. Simultaneously, Blue Team tactics are introduced to help you defend your system from complex cyber-attacks. This book provides a clear, in-depth understanding of attack/defense methods as well as patterns to recognize irregular behavior within your organization. Finally, you will learn how to analyze your network and address malware, while becoming familiar with mitigation and threat detection techniques.
- Learn to mitigate, recover from, and prevent future cybersecurity events
- Understand security hygiene and value of prioritizing protection of your workloads
- Explore physical and virtual network segmentation, cloud network visibility, and Zero Trust considerations
- Adopt new methods to gather cyber intelligence, identify risk, and demonstrate impact with Red/Blue Team strategies
- Explore legendary tools such as Nmap and Metasploit to supercharge your Red Team
- Discover identity security and how to perform policy enforcement
- Integrate threat detection systems into your SIEM solutions
- Discover the MITRE ATT&CK Framework and open-source tools to gather intelligence
By the end of this Cybersecurity: Attack and Defense Strategies, 3rd Edition book, you will have discovered the latest tools to enhance the security of your system, learned about the security controls you need, and understood how to carry out each step of the incident response process.