Bioinformatics with Python Cookbook, Third Edition
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 3rd edition (September 27, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1803236426
- ISBN-13: 978-1803236421
Bioinformatics with Python Cookbook, 3rd Edition: Discover modern, next-generation sequencing libraries from the powerful Python ecosystem to perform cutting-edge research and analyze large amounts of biological data
Bioinformatics is an active research field that uses a range of simple-to-advanced computations to extract valuable information from biological data, and this book will show you how to manage these tasks using Python.
This updated Bioinformatics with Python Cookbook, Third Edition begins with a quick overview of the various tools and libraries in the Python ecosystem that will help you convert, analyze, and visualize biological datasets. Next, you’ll cover key techniques for next-generation sequencing, single-cell analysis, genomics, metagenomics, population genetics, phylogenetics, and proteomics with the help of real-world examples. You’ll learn how to work with important pipeline systems, such as Galaxy servers and Snakemake, and understand the various modules in Python for functional and asynchronous programming. This book will also help you explore topics such as SNP discovery using statistical approaches under high-performance computing frameworks, including Dask and Spark. In addition to this, you’ll explore the application of machine learning algorithms in bioinformatics.
- Become well-versed with data processing libraries such as NumPy, pandas, arrow, and zarr in the context of bioinformatic analysis
- Interact with genomic databases
- Solve real-world problems in the fields of population genetics, phylogenetics, and proteomics
- Build bioinformatics pipelines using a Galaxy server and Snakemake
- Work with functools and itertools for functional programming
- Perform parallel processing with Dask on biological data
- Explore principal component analysis (PCA) techniques with scikit-learn
By the end of this Bioinformatics with Python Cookbook, 3rd Edition, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge you need to implement the latest programming techniques and frameworks, empowering you to deal with bioinformatics data on every scale.